Thursday 21 November 2013

Rats


I have been putting out poison every few days recently and today I got a great surprise when I went out to the big freezer. The rats had burrowed under the freezer, I assume for warmth, and at the entrance I found this well feed rat. I am delighted!


Hopefully their numbers will sharply decline. I have noticed that there is less burrows dug in the chickens bedding and on the odd day I have managed to collect a good 7-8 eggs instead of the 0-4 eggs I usually get.

Our poor little kittens went missing. A few days later one was road kill a km up the road. We assume that they went into the car engine and dropped out onto the road some distance away. We are disappointed but the children haven't noticed yet!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to receive comments and feedback...