Wednesday 21 August 2013

Making an easy yeast bread


Bread is so easy to make and yet very few bake theirs. 
I have encouraged a few friends and neighbours recently to try it, who were pleasantly surprised at how easy and satisfying it can be.
We make bread everyday here, from brown soda bread, white yeast or ciabatta. 


Today I made a simple white yeast load tin bread. I do not use recipes for bread as I known the texture I want to get from the dough. 

All you need:
Strong white flour
Yeast
Olive oil
Salt 
Honey
Warm water

I pour a good amount of white flour in a mixing bowl. I then add a pinch of salt, a good spoon of our honey, a teaspoon of yeast and a small pour of olive oil. 
I then add warm water into the bowl and use my hands to mix the dough together.  I will add more flour or water depending on what it needs. I am looking for the dough to be similar to the photo above. 


I then empty the dough into the table and knead it for 5-10 mins until it begins to become elastic.
I then shape it for the loaf tin or into multiple smaller dough rolls as below.

Then leave the bread alone to rise for a few hours. Once risen put it in the oven for 30mins at 200*c.
Take out and allow to cool before enjoying!!




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to receive comments and feedback...